E-Sign Consent Agreement
Please read this E-SIGN Disclosure and Consent Agreement carefully and print a copy or retain this information electronically for your future reference.
Laurel Road is a brand of KeyBank N.A. All products are offered by KeyBank N.A. Member FDIC. Student loans, mortgages, personal loans, and credit cards ARE NOT FDIC INSURED OR GUARANTEED NMLS #399797. Equal Housing Lender. ©2023 KeyCorp® All Rights Reserved.
As part of your relationship with us we want to ensure you have all the information you need to receive financial services from us. We are required by law to give you certain information “in writing” which means you are entitled to receive it on paper. As a user of one or more of our electronic banking or financial products or services, we wish to provide to you this information electronically instead. To do so, we need your consent. We also need your consent to use electronic signatures in our relationship with you. So, before you use our Electronic Services (as defined below) you must review and consent to the terms outlined below.
In this consent:
- “We,” “us,” “our” and “Lender” means KeyBank National Association and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, guaranty insurers, investors, assigns, and successors in
- “You” and “your” means the person giving this consent, and also each additional account owner, authorized signer, authorized representative, delegate, product owner or service user identified on any Laurel Road Product that you apply for, use or
- “Communications” means each disclosure, notice agreement, fee schedule, statement, record, document, and other information we provide to you, or that you sign or submit or agree to at our request.
- “Electronic Service” means each and every Laurel Road Product we offer that you apply for, use, or access using the Internet, a website, email, messaging services (including text messaging) or software applications (including applications for any mobile or hand-held devices), either now or in the future.
- “Laurel Road Product” means any financial product or service offered under the Laurel Road brand name by Lender.
1. CONSENT TO USE ELECTRONIC RECORDS AND SIGNATURES
The Communications we provide to you, or that you sign or agree to at our request, will be in an electronic form (“Electronic Records”). We may also use electronic signatures and obtain them from you as part of our transactions with you. Notwithstanding, we reserve the right to provide you with any Communication in writing, even if you have chosen to receive it electronically.
In the event that a law prohibits the electronic delivery of certain Communications, even with your consent, we will provide such Communications to you in writing. However, should such laws change,
allowing us to deliver those Communications to you electronically, this consent will automatically cover those Communications as well.
Examples of electronic records covered by your consent include, but are not limited to, the following:
- This E-Sign Disclosure and Consent Agreement and any amendments to it;
- All Communications related to a Laurel Road Product to the extent electronic delivery is not otherwise prohibited by law;
- Any notice or disclosure regarding fees or assessments of any kind, including late fees, overdraft fees, over limit fees, and returned item fees;
- Notices of amendments to any of your agreements with us; and
- Other disclosures and notices that we are either legally required to provide to you or choose to provide to you in our discretion.
2. AVAILABILITY OF PAPER COPIES
If you want a paper copy of any Electronic Record we provide you, you may either print them from your computer or contact Laurel Road Customer Service at 1-833-427-2265 (1-833-HCP-BANK) TDD/TTY: 800- 539-8336. Upon request, a paper copy of the Electronic Record will be mailed to you at no charge.
3. CONSENT COVERAGE
- Your consent covers all Communications relating to each and every Laurel Road Product we offer that you apply for, use, or access using the Internet, a website, email, messaging services (including text messaging) or software applications (including applications for any mobile or hand-held devices), either now or in the future.
Your consent remains in effect until you give us notice that you are withdrawing it.
Should you seek another Laurel Road Product from us in the future, we may present you with this E- Sign Disclosure and Consent Agreement again. Should you decide not to use Electronic Records and signatures in connection with the new Laurel Road Product, such decision does not mean you have withdrawn any prior consent given by you to us to provide you with Electronic Records. See below for information on how to withdraw this consent.
4. WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT FOR ELECTRONIC DELIVERY
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, please be aware that withdrawal of consent may result in the termination of your access to our Electronic Services and your ability to use certain Laurel Road Products.
Your withdrawal of your consent will become effective after we have had a reasonable opportunity to act upon it.
To withdraw your consent, you must call Laurel Road Customer Service at 1-833-427-2265 (1-833-HCP- BANK). TDD/TYY: 800-539-8336.
5. YOU MUST KEEP YOUR EMAIL OR ELECTRONIC ADDRESS CURRENT WITH US.
You must promptly notify us of any change in your email or other electronic address. You may change your email address by accessing the ‘Settings’ feature within your online Account Dashboard and editing your contact information.
6. HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
In order to receive Electronic Records, you must have access to:
- A valid working email account;
- A connection to the Internet;
- The latest version of one of the following web browsers: Google® Chrome, Apple® Safari, Microsoft® Internet Explorer; Microsoft® Edge;
- Adobe® Acrobat Reader 0 or higher; and
- A computer and operating system capable of supporting all of the
By selecting the “I AGREE” button you confirm that you have access to the above and that you are able to view files in a Portable Document Format (“PDF”).
7. CHANGES TO HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
If our hardware or software requirements change, and that change would create a material risk that you would not be able to access or retain Electronic Records, we will give you notice of the revised hardware or software requirements. Continuing to use Services after receiving notice of the change is reaffirmation of your consent.
By clicking the “I AGREE” button, you acknowledge that you are able to view and have read this E-Sign Disclosure and Consent Agreement and that you are agreeing to electronically access, receive, review, sign, and authenticate Electronic Records covered by the federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (“E-Sign Act”). You further acknowledge that your electronic signature will bind you to the same extent as if you had signed on paper with an ink signature.
Do not click the “I AGREE” button if you do not wish to consent to Electronic Communications. You will not be able to use the Electronic Services for a Laurel Road Product provided by Lender.